OK, so either I am having another fire at my house or the fates have given me a gift and allowed me more time to rescue items from the inferno. Thank you because I can think of few things sadder than watching your life go up in flames. If given more time, what would I haul into safety? This time I’d take:
1. Our race medals…My husband has done hundreds of races and many have been Ironman races. These are incredibly challenging (take about 12 hours to complete) and physically grueling. At the end, each Ironman gets a medal. I know he’d be really happy if I pulled these from the blaze. And I have done many running races and a handful of sprint triathlon so I’d like to take my hardware….It’s evidence that I finished and ran through the pain.
2. I don’t know how we’d get it but someone would need to pop up onto the roof and retrieve our new weathervane. It’s a gorgeous polished copper and it has two elephants on it. It reminds me of our trip to Thailand and the Elephant Nature Park – an amazing place to visit.
3. My tennis gear….Been playing since i was a kid and I’d be lost without my rackets (Dunlop Biomimetic 300s) and bag full of necessities.
4. Can I take the hot tub?? I’d be very sad to see it disappear.
5. My art supplies…if you make art, then you know how pricey the supplies can get…Paints, brushes, canvases, papers, pastels…I’d try to throw as much as possible into a bag and get the heck out.
I hope we’re done with disasters for a while.